Google

January 31, 2009

CARROT CAKE

There are umpteen numbers of cakes right from the simple ones to complicated ones.When I started baking I used to make mainly chocolate based ones and this was my first cake other than chocolate,an easy one and of course children also liked it.Thanks to Vandana as it is long time since I made this

Ingredients
Maida/Flour-50gms
Powdered sugar-125 gms
Eggs-3 large
Baking powder-1/2 tsp
Carrot-125gms grated
Lime rind-2tsp grated
Cashew-125gms chopped finely(optional)
Vanilla essence-1tsp



Method
Sieve the flour and baking powder
Beat the white part of egg till stiff and fluffy
Add the powdered sugar,beat and add the yolk one at a time and beat as you add
Combine the lime rind to this
Fold in the flour and mix
Finally add the carrots and cashews and mix well
Grease the tin and pourthe batter and bake in pre-heated oven at 250 C for 20 mins or till done

My final entry for Vandana's BAKING FOR BEGINNERS EVENT



Actually I had planned a cake with icing for my 200th post,but coincidently this is my 200th post,but a cake without icing

2 comments:

amna said...

even i always end up making choc cakes since i have a lovely foolproof recipe for it. should start trying the others too

Gayathri said...

Dear Friend,
I am really happy to invite you to participate in the contest that is getting launced on Feb 20 2009 - check out this link for details - http://justurs.blogspot.com/2009/02/magnificent-click-contest-2009.html contest.