Google

June 18, 2008

THE HUMBLE ONION ROTI



Roti in any form at any time of the day is always on the top of the list of food I relish the most,as I was brought up by eating chappatis with diffrent dhals and sabji every day as my parents resided in North India for more than 10 years.Though it is the main food in North India ,today roti is liked by one and all.
Over the years roti has taken many forms but I still relish the simple onion stuffed roti in its ancient form about 30 years (that's when I tasted it)It has been handy for my mom to pack lunch for us when constraint of time.Unfortunately my children do not relish it.
So here is the recipe for the age old roti and also my entry for Srivalli's ROTI MELA



Ingredients
Wheat flour-1 cup
Onions-2 chopped
Green chilli-2 chopped
Ginger-a few small pieces
Salt-to taste
Oil/ghee-as required
Water-as required



Method-
Add salt to atta and knead with water to thick dough
Cut onions not too fine and add chillies,ginger and salt to it
Do this just before making chappatis or else onions and salt would release water and rolling out the chappathi will be a hard task
Roll out the chappathi,keep a spoonful of onions in the middle,close all the sides and roll out slowly.
Onions will come out a bit but roll out as required and cook it on hot tawa with oil as required.
The best combo for this would be plain curds/any pickle

This can be had at any time of the day and can be done very quickly so this is also my entry for WBB-QUICK BREAKFAST hosted by Raaga

2 comments:

SMN said...

That luks nice..

Srivalli said...

that looks great renuka!