Google

June 21, 2008

ON A BAKING SPREE

Baking is no doubt an art by itself.I always had a liking to make cakes and do icing myself.When my children were small they accepted whatever I make for their birthdays and it was then I really learnt baking and icing with much of trial and error and that's how I mastered making a Black Forest Cake with a lot of patience.As they grew up they preferred ordering outside,but still they relish whatever I bake.
I like trying new recipes and Muffins and Pies were on the hit list as the trays were also ready.I was finally satisfied with the results too.

MUFFINS
Ingredients
Flour-2 cups
Sugar-11/2 cups
Baking powder-11/2 tsp
Salt-1/2 tsp
Butter or margarine-3/4 tsp
Milk-1 cup
Vannila essense-4 to 5 drops
Eggs-3


Method
Sift the flour with baking powder and salt
Grind the sugar to powder
Separate eggs and beat the whites till fluffy
Mix in the yolks and beat till light and fluffy
Add the flour slowly so that no lumps are formed
Spoon the batter into muffin cups and bake for 15-20 mins at 150 C
Bake till the muffins are light brown on top and the skewer comes out clean when inserted in the centre.
Can top up with nuts,chocolate sauce,jam or a simple icing


5 comments:

Srivalli said...

renuka..thats a really baking spree..everything looks so wonderful..I am sure your kids loved every bit of it...

btw the link to your black forest is wrongly given...two http given!

Divya Kudua said...

renuka,those muffins look really pretty!!

kamala said...

Muffins come out so fluffy and perfect Renuka..Couldnt get the link for Black forest cake

Anonymous said...

very nice...i am a cup cake junkie myself so i loved the iced ones!! what a treat!

renuka said...

thanks dear sri,divya,kamala,arundati and sm