Google

February 03, 2008

VEGETABLE MUFFINS

The recipe which I was really hunting for the past one week among my huge collection was this one and the one I wanted to try out for long as it had all the vegetables and did not require deep frying.I thought it apt for Bindiya's MY FAVOURITE THINGS-CAKES AND MUFFINS


Ingredients
Beans-100gms
Carrot-100gms
Cauliflower florets-100gms
Peas-50gms shelled
Beetroot-50gms
Broccoli floret-50gms(optional)
Capsicum-50gms
Cream-3tbsp
Milk-3to4tbsp
Maida-11/2tbsp
Oregano-1tsp
Butter-2tbsp
Oil-for greasing the tins
Bread crumbs-1cup
Salt-to taste

 
Posted by Picasa

Method
Thread the beans,scrape carrots,beets and cut the other vegetablesinto small pieces
Heat butter and saute for 2-3 minutes,lower flame and cover with lid and cook till vegetables are done and cool the cooked vegetables
Blend the vegetables coarsely
Mix maida and milk,add the cream and blend without lumps
Heat this mixture in a pan with salt and add oregano
Add the breadcrumbs and lower the flame and mix well
Spoon in the mixture in a greased muffin mould
Bake in a preheated oven at 180 C for 12 to 15 min or until they are golden brown on top
Serve hot
There was a shortage of muffin tins I had to be fast for the evening snack
 
Posted by Picasa

The muffins turned to be good and it was difficult for me to save some for a quick pic
 
Posted by Picasa

As I've just started on my camera the lesson I learnt was never take pics with children around

2 comments:

Shella said...

I came across this just when I was soo longing for some savoury bakes. Thanks.

renuka said...

It looks like cutlet but it tastes different.thanks