Google

February 28, 2008

Biscuits are always a favourite snack for everyone be it anytime of the day.This recipe is from my mom's collection and my daughter's favourite too.Whenever she is at her granny's place she has to have these biscuits.But never I had the oppurtunity to make them as every time I get the recipe I would eventually misplace it.
My daughter desperately wanted some home-made biscuits.I wanted to try out something new and started browsing but couldn't find one without egg or simple ingredients.Finally I called mom and asked for the recipe for the 100th time and immediately wrote them so that I'll not misplace this time and also made them.It is such an easy one I've started making them often.However my daughter's vote was only for her granny's biscuits



Ingredients
Maida/flour-1 1/2 cup
Butter-1/2 cup
Powdered sugar-3/4 cup
Cocoa powder-1 1/2tbsp
Vanilla essense-1/4tsp
Baking powder-1tsp
Salt-a pinch

Method
Sieve maida,cocoa powder and salt
Cream butter till light and add the sugar,beat well until fluffy
Add in the essense and fold in the flour and make a dough
Spread the dough and cut to desired shapes and bake in preheated oven at 250 C till the biscuits are light brown
Do not arrange the biscuits closely on the tray

This is also my entry for Easycraft's TRAVEL FOOD FESTIVAL

for a non-messy and easy to make food for travelling.We can make them well ahead and store them in air tight containers

1 comments:

EC said...

Homemade biscuits, especially eggless are everyone's favourite...thanks for sending it to the event