Google

May 09, 2009

NONGU-THE SUMMER TREAT

Yes, most of you were right,its the nongu/tender palms which is a treat during summer.Usually we get in our town only in some places and that too during a specific time and place which I will never be able to make,but when the fruit vendor got to my door step I just grabbed it and really enjoyed.Usually we used to have it just plain but my MIL had a different recipe

Ingredients
Nongu-as required
Sugar-as required
Cardamon powder-1/2 tsp



Method
Just smash the nongus,add sugar and cardamon powder mix well
Serve chilled

3 comments:

amna said...

i dont remember the last time i had nongu! so refreshing in the summer!

Parita said...

I have never heard about Nogu before...looks very good..where do we get these?

Ramya Vijaykumar said...

Love to have it plain and My grandma makes this but I cant take too much cardamom smell I usually avoid it... nice pic...