Google

May 29, 2009

BANANA BREAD

I always envy Rachel for her patience in baking long procedure recipe and inspired by her I very much wanted to participate in the BBD #20 hosted by her.But unlike Rachel tried a very simple one and the result was satisfactory.Though I've tried making breads it had never been perfect.This recipe is from my recipe collections

Ingredients
Ripe bananas-2 nos
Flour-100gms
Multi grain atta-150gms(Pillsbury)
Yeast-5gms
Sugar-25gms
White butter-20gms
Salt-a pinch
Lukewarm water-100ml
Milk-100ml
Nutmeg powder-1/4 pinch
Cinnamon powder-1/4tsp



Method
Sift the flours twice and keep aside
Slice and mash the bananas well
Dissolve yeast in 50ml water and little sugar and keep aside for about 5-10 min
Dissolve salt and sugar in the remaining water and add to the flour and mix well
Add the fermented yeast,milk and butter and knead to a soft dough
Add banana,nutmeg and cinnamon powder and mix well
Rest the dough under a thick cloth for 1 hour till it doubles
Punch down the dough,knead and transfer to the greased loaf tin,cover and leave it for another hour
Bake at 200 C for about 20 min/till done
Serve with butter/cheese/spreads

Rushing this to Rachel's BBD#20

7 comments:

Nithya said...

Wow you have a lovely space here. And ur dishes are great. I am gonna be ur follower too..

Thanks for visiting my blog. your comments are encouraging me. :)

Parita said...

Banana bread looks grt..nice moist and soft

Kitchen Flavours said...

Oh wow soft and yum.....

Rachel said...

Thank you so much for those kind words!!! You made my day :)

A multigrain banana bread....nice entry for the event.

Poornima Nair said...

The breads come out perfect...looks really soft...good one.

Priya said...

I am now craving for some banana bread! I have posted a banana bread recipe myself...pls take a look when you can!
http://borntohog.blogspot.com/

Nags said...

this looks amazing!!!