Google

May 29, 2009

BANANA BREAD

I always envy Rachel for her patience in baking long procedure recipe and inspired by her I very much wanted to participate in the BBD #20 hosted by her.But unlike Rachel tried a very simple one and the result was satisfactory.Though I've tried making breads it had never been perfect.This recipe is from my recipe collections

Ingredients
Ripe bananas-2 nos
Flour-100gms
Multi grain atta-150gms(Pillsbury)
Yeast-5gms
Sugar-25gms
White butter-20gms
Salt-a pinch
Lukewarm water-100ml
Milk-100ml
Nutmeg powder-1/4 pinch
Cinnamon powder-1/4tsp



Method
Sift the flours twice and keep aside
Slice and mash the bananas well
Dissolve yeast in 50ml water and little sugar and keep aside for about 5-10 min
Dissolve salt and sugar in the remaining water and add to the flour and mix well
Add the fermented yeast,milk and butter and knead to a soft dough
Add banana,nutmeg and cinnamon powder and mix well
Rest the dough under a thick cloth for 1 hour till it doubles
Punch down the dough,knead and transfer to the greased loaf tin,cover and leave it for another hour
Bake at 200 C for about 20 min/till done
Serve with butter/cheese/spreads

Rushing this to Rachel's BBD#20

7 comments:

Nithya said...

Wow you have a lovely space here. And ur dishes are great. I am gonna be ur follower too..

Thanks for visiting my blog. your comments are encouraging me. :)

Parita said...

Banana bread looks grt..nice moist and soft

lubnakarim06 said...

Oh wow soft and yum.....

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for those kind words!!! You made my day :)

A multigrain banana bread....nice entry for the event.

Poornima Nair said...

The breads come out perfect...looks really soft...good one.

Priya said...

I am now craving for some banana bread! I have posted a banana bread recipe myself...pls take a look when you can!
http://borntohog.blogspot.com/

amna said...

this looks amazing!!!