Google

January 28, 2009

I just came across Vandana's BAKING FOR BEGINNERS EVENT and decided to send this recipe.This was my first cookie recipe which my mother used to make but I had never tried,though I've been baking cakes for many years.It is also my daughter's favourite and she pestered me to make them regularly.It is a very easy one without egg and that too apt for beginners.



Ingredients
Maida-11/2 cups
Butter-1/2 cup
Powdered sugar-3/4 cup
Cocoa powder-11/2 tbsp
Vanilla essence-1/4 tsp
Baking powder-1tsp
Salt-a pinch



Method
Sieve maida,cocoa powder and salt
Cream butter till light,add sugar and beat till light and fluffy
Add the essense and fold in the flour and make a dough
Roll/spread the dough on a flat surface to 1/2 inch thichness
Cut to desired shapes and arrange in a greased baking tray leaving space in between each piece
Bake in a preheated oven at 250 C and bake till done.Insert a skewer to check.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

good one..will try it..