Google

August 05, 2008

EGGLESS CHOCOLATE FUDGE CAKE

I usually bake a cake for my dear Hubby's birthday.Few years back we were invited for dinner to our friend's house.My friend Indu had baked a Rumanian Cake which my dear H liked very much.I got the recipe from her and had tried several times but never did it come out well.This year too I tried making but was a flop again.I quickly made the eggless chocolate(as all the eggs were used for the earlier one) with chocolate fudge frosting which I confidently made for the first time and the taste was excellent.I'll definetely bake the Rumanian Cake and share with you all the recipe and photo.

Ingredients
For Cake
Condensed milk-1tin 400gms
Butter-100gms
Maida-2cups
Sugar-1cup
Milk-1cup
Baking powder-2tsp
Cooking soda-1tsp
Vanilla essence-1tsp

For Frosting
Chocolate-75gms
Butter-75gms
Icing sugar-250-350 gms
Milk-30ml
Vanilla essense-1/2tsp



Method
For Cake
Preheat oven at 190 C
Sieve flour,baking powder,cooking soda
Beat condensed milk till light and fluffy
Add butter and beat again
Fold in the flour gradually,alternating with milk and sugar a little at a time
Add the essense mix and pour in greased tin and bake for 40 min or till the skewer comes out clean
Cool and cut the cake to two or three layers horizontally

For Frosting
Melt chocolate over hot water and cool
Beat butter till light and fluffy
Gradually add half of icing sugar
Beat in chocolate,milk and essense and rest of icing sugar
Beat till the frosting reaches spreading consistency
Sandwich the frosting between the layers and on the top and sides of the cake
Decorate with fresh cream/nuts/chocolate gratings
Serve cooled

2 comments:

Unknown said...

hi check out my blog, i have tagged u!

EC said...

Whatever be the dish, chocolate is my favourite flavor and this cake is so tempting