Google

August 04, 2008

CHOCOLATE SOUFFLE

Next to baking the tricky one in cooking for me is making puddings,souffles etc.I always make custard pudding which my mom makes with the Brown & Polson ready made mix and just make variations by adding fruits,cocoa powder,nuts.I had tried several recipes of souffle but always it would be a flop,and finally stopped trying.I was in Chennai last week and picked up some cooking chocolate when shopping for ingredients which I usually don't get it in my place.So my urge to try out the souffle also increased and it was a hit this time.This recipe is again from my collections

Ingredients
Milk chocolate bar-160gms
Gelatin-10gms
Fresh cream-6 tbsp
Powedered sugar-3 level tbsp
Eggs-3 seperated
Butter-2tbsp
Water-3tbsp

Method
Break chocolate to pieces,add water and butter and melt it in reduced flame or over a pan of hot water
Soak gelatin in 1/4 cup of water for 10 min.Keep in reduced flame till it dissolves completely
Seperate eggs and beat the yolks with a spoon
Whisk the white with beater till it form peaks
Whip cream with sugar lightly
When the chocolate melts completely remove from fire cool a little
Pour the egg yolks continously,stirring constantly
Add the whipped cream and completely dissolved gelatin and mix gently
Add a tablespoon of egg white to lighten it
Mix the chocolate mixture to the beaten egg whites gently
Pour in small moulds and refrigerate for atleast 5 hours
Decorate with whipped cream and chocolate curls

Tips
Dissolve the gelatin completely by double boiler

6 comments:

Usha said...

This is my first visit to your blog,you have a very nice one.This chocolate souffle looks delicious:)

Unknown said...

wow! thats a yummy souffle :) would love to try it out somwtime. your blog is really good!

SMN said...

first time here nice blog and suffle looks nice.

Unknown said...

I love anything with chocolate in it.. and the souffle looks just perfect....

Unknown said...

wow that looks awesome..nice one!!

renuka said...

Thanks usha,aartee,smn,cinnamon and sowmya