Google

July 29, 2008

EVENTS ENTRY-CORN SANDWICH



I always want to send my entries during the course of the month,but somehow I rush it up at the end even though my entries are ready to be sent.So next month I've decided to sent them every week.As corn and tomatoes are available in plenty and at cheap rates I thought it apt to send this entry to WBB EVENT
My dear Hubby relishes all types of cuisines,but rarely will he give a compliment.During my early days of marriage I found it disturbing but over the years got adapted.Its best to accept certain things instead of complaining.This recipe is from my dear friend Devi who happened to serve this dish when my hubby visited.He got back and surprisingly asked me to find out how she made it and now has occupied my menu.

INGREDIENTS
Corn kernals-1 cup
Onions-1
Tomatoes-1
Capsicum-1
Cheese-1 cup
Cornflour-1 tsp heaped
Milk-as required to blend
Salt & pepper-to taste
Oil-2tsp



METHOD
Finely chop onions,tomatoes and capsicum
Saute them in oil
Add corn and saute for a mintute
To this add cheese and cornflour and saute
Finally add milk as required to form a paste
Sprinkle salt and pepper
Keep in between bread slices and toast/grill
Serve hot with tomato sauce

VARIATION
The corn masala can be served as side dish for any rotis or stuffed into dosas



My entry for Sia's WBB-SUMMER FEAST started by Nandita of SAFFRONTRIAL

This also goes to Srivalli's CURRY MELA

3 comments:

Sia said...

thanks renuka for sending this wonderful entry. u hubby sounds like my dad who would lick his plates clean but never say a word of compliment to my mom;)

EC said...

Corn curry is lovely renuka

Srivalli said...

Thanks for the lovely entry renuka..thats so yummy!