Google

November 15, 2007

Iam indeed priveledged to receive the 'Surprise Ingredient'along with Bharathy to start the Arusuvai Friendship Chain sent by Lathama of Yumblog Both of us where eagerly waiting for the'Pack',and I was infact planning to post before Deepavali.As we received only on the 7th it was not possible.I thank Lathama for the traditional and tasty ladoos and for the TW too




The ingredient I received was RAGI FLOUR which is highly healthy food for generations and was a staple food during our granny's day like idli of today's.But it is sad to note that today many of them have stopped making dishes from ragi which is a nutritious food both for adults and children.I think many children dislike it because of its colour.I remember my son gobbling the ragi kanji when he was a baby but once he started identifying that's it.
We can make kanji,puttu,dosa,idli from ragi flour.I thought of trying something else which will attract the children.But I could'nt do much about the colour.So here is the recipe

RAGI VEGGIE PAKODA
Ingredients
Ragi flour-1 cup
Rice flour-2tbsp
Fried gram flour-2tbsp
Mixed vegetables-1 cup diced
Carrot,beans,potato,capsicum,onions etc
Paneer-a few cubed pieces
Garlic-5 cloves crushed
Ginger-1/4 piece crushed
Green chilly-2 cut
Chilli powder-as required
Coriander leaves-1tbsp chopped
Mint leaves-1tbsp chopped
Salt- as required
Oil-for frying

Method
Mix all the ingredients with 2 tsp of oil
Deep fry as pakoda
Serve hot with tomato sauce/coriander chutney

My pack is also ready,it's the turn ofSrivalli and ArundatiRao to do the next waiting.All the best.

7 comments:

Swaruchy said...

Nice post Renuka.....U guys are having fun with the chain thing :-))

and dear Please don't mind If I don't comment the next few months as I would terribly busy with my academic work......Hope u understand dear....I will be back in no time :-)

renuka said...

Thanks sirisha and all the best for your academics,don't bother about the comments.See you back at the earliest

Latha Narasimhan said...

OMG! The arusuvai is really bringing out the bast from you all! :) loved the pakadas! So good for these cold days dear! I will make them soon:)

Bharathy said...

Well done renuka!!!:D

Lets see what srivalli and arundathi are going to come out of your ingredient!:)
No words to thank you for all the support you have rendered to me..!!

You are great,friend!!:)

Srivalli said...

Hi Renuka...this is a nice one, will try out sometime soon as ragi is always at home handy..I just received your packet, good choice..will try to come out with something good!

Aparna Balasubramanian said...

Just came across your blog when checking the Arusuvai network. Interesting use of ragi flour.

renuka said...

Thanx srivalli and aparna