Google

October 30, 2007

RIPE MANGO PAYASAM

Hi girls, I missed you all.I had gone for a family wedding and I'am here with a new recipe which my aunt shared with me,before sharing some simple Deepavali recipes and of course some facts on Deepavali
Ingredients
Ripened mango-4 without fibre
Cashews-50gms
Raisins-50gms
Milk-1cup
Ghee-3tsp
Moong dal-100gms precooked
Cardamon powder-1/2tsp
Saffron-afew strands
Jaggery-150gms

Method
Peel the friut and dice them finely
Add little water and cook the mango pieces
To this add the moong dal
Dissolve the jaggery in little water and strain away the impurities
Add this to the mango-moong mixture and keep it in low flame for 10mins
Roast the cashews and raisins and add to the payasam
Remove from fire and add boiled and cooled milk,cardamon powder,and saffron
Serve cold it would taste delicious

3 comments:

Swaruchy said...

Renuka......Mango paysam...wow...never made it...Thanks for the recipe...will try it out dear :-)

Bharathy said...

Mango payasam is new to me too..Missed you too renuka and nice to see you back :)

Bharathy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.