Google

May 02, 2009

CORIANDER RICE

There are umpteen number of variety rices but this one is my favourite.This again is a simple one which I learnt from my MIL and also ideal for kid's lunch box and potluck parties

Ingredients
Basmati/plain rice-1cup
Onions-3 cut lengthwise
Oil-5tsps
Salt-as required

Grind to paste
Coriander leaves-2cups
Green chilly-3-4nos
Garlic-10flakes
Ginger-1inch piece

For seasoning
Cinnamon-2pieces
Cloves-2-3nos
Cardamon-4nos
Bay leaf-2nos
Ghee-3tsp



Method
Heat oil in a cooker and season with the ingredients
Add onions and sauté till they are transparent
Add the ground paste and sauté for 5 minutes
Add the rice and sauté for 5 minutes
Pour 2 cups of water and salt to taste
Pressure cook for 10 minutes in low flame

Can add roasted cashews/groundnuts also
To attract children we can add a cup of cooked diced potatoes or even cooked kabuli channa
I prefer using plain rice,as the aroma of the coriander leaves is more than using basmati
Wash and soak plain rice for a few mintues before using so that the grains would be long.
Serve with any raitha and potato chips

4 comments:

lubnakarim06 said...

Oh wow looks droolworthy.....I too made coriander rice somedays back....You can have a look at my blog....

Ramya Vijaykumar said...

Yummy and a delectable dish looks very perfect and nice color...

Parita said...

Coriander rice looks delicious yummy :)

amna said...

Yum!! I have a version in my blog too, from Chandra Padmanabhan's book :)