Google

February 27, 2009

CARROT BUNS

It has become a habit for my children to eat only chocolate based bakes but I really would like to try other recipes too.This is from a foriegn baking book I possess and have hardly tried any recipes.I decided to try this recipe and the buns tasted too good.But I should definitely bake a chocolate before they are back from school.

Ingredients
Carrots grated-225gms
Butter/margarine-170gms
Dark brown sugar-100gms
Egg-1(substituted with 1tbsp of vinegar and 1tsp of soda bicarbonate)
Water-1tbsp
Plain flour-140gms
Baking powder-1tsp
Soda bicarbonate-1/2tsp
Ground cinnamon-1tsp
Grated nutmeg-1/4tsp
Salt-1/2tsp





Method
With an electric mixer,cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy
Beat in egg/vinegar-soda and water
Stir in carrots
Add the sifted flour,baking powder,soda bicarb,cinnamon,nutmeg and salt.Stir to blend
Spoon the mixture into the greased bun tray/paper cases,filling the cups almost to the top
Bake in a preheat oven at 180 C for 35 mins or till done
Let stand 10 mins before transferring to the rack

I thought it an apt entry for Madhuram's Egg Substitute Event and Harini's FCI Event hosted by Aparna as FCI-Orange this month

5 comments:

Gayathri said...

Wow these are healthy buns, should try it!!!

Aparna said...

I don't blame the kids for preferring things chocolate, but I'm sure these were well appreciated too.
Thanks for sending them in to FIC Orange.

Preety said...

such an interesting recipe..

renuka said...

This is a different one and as usual I enjoyed every piece of it ha ha

Beyond Curries said...

Thank you for sending these carrot muffins for the event Renuka. That's definitely a healthy bake. I think adding little chopped walnuts would also be very good.