Google

July 11, 2008

MBP-LESS IS MORE EVENT ENTRY



We had a bloggers meet at Chennai during the month of May,though I don't live there the Chennai bloggers asked me to join them as I was there and we had a Potluck lunch.Before the meet,when finalising the menu this dish caught the attention of all so I was very eager to taste it too.It was excellent in taste and I decided to try it out one day after getting back.I found this baked dish with very few ingredients apt for this month's MBP EVENT started by Coffee and hosted by Nupur

I visited many blogs and finally settled with Rachel's LADENIA..It was very simple to make baked dish and the taste, out of the world.

Ingredients
For the dough
All purpose flour-23/4 to 31/4 cups
Dried yeast-21/4 tsp
Olive oil-1/4 cup
Warm water-1 cup
Salt-1 tsp

Topping
Diced tomatoes-11/2 cup 3/4"
Sliced onions-11/2 cups
Olive oil-1/3 cup
Salt-1tsp
Freshly ground pepper-as required
Mixed herbs-2-3 tsp

Method
Work yeast for 10 min in warm water in a large bowl
Mix olive oil and salt
Stir in the flour and knead to a sticky dough
Spread some olive oil in a deep roasting pan andf spread the dough
Cover and let it rise atleast for an hour
When risen make indentations using your finger all over the surface
Mix all the remaining oil,tomatoes,onions and pepper and spread them over the dough
Follow with seasoning and bake till the edges turn brown

Thanks Rachel and now this is a regular menu in my house

7 comments:

Trupti said...

Ladenia looks delicious Renuka.

Alpa said...

I bet that it tastes as great as it looks! What a lovely way to showcase lovely summer tomatoes.

Unknown said...

looks delicious..looks almost like a pizza

Jayashree said...

Looks perfect, Renuka.....the taste of Rachel's ladenia still lingers in my memory....

Rachel said...

Am grateful to a fellow blogger for the recipe...it is made regularly at my place too....good one

renuka said...

Thanks all of you
Though it looks like pizza it had a unique taste and thanks rachel for inspiring me to try it

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!